With so many roofing companies to choose from, finding the best option can seem like a project in itself. There are many different criteria to be satisfied when searching for the right company and we’ve come up with 9 critical points to look for.
1. They actually work in your area. Contacting a company that is not local or that isn’t willing to travel to your area to work is time wasted!
2. They are licensed and insured. Hiring an unlicensed or uninsured contractor could result in an unsatisfactory outcome or serious liability.
3. They properly train their employees. Formal training is not required in typical shingle roofing, but most commercial roofing takes extensive training procedures!
4. They provide a free estimate. You do not want to pay a contractor without any work being done so this avoids overestimating and overcharging.
5. They provide a written estimate. A free estimate loses its charm if you still don’t know what exactly it is you’re paying for. This helps customers in the budgeting process and provides clarity.
6. They have testimonials from previous clients. These reviews provide insight into the quality of the job, and what is expected of you as a homeowner.
7. They take pride in the material they use. If a contractor is hesitant to discuss the material, that indicates they are not fully confident.
8. They can provide insight into their warranties. All roofers should provide warranties and ideally should cover the labor and the materials.
9. They are open for communication throughout the process. Whether it’s a 1- or 2-day repair or weeklong project, the ability to communicate after hours is critical in the event that something goes wrong.
How does Great Lakes Roofing and Insulation Systems, Inc. “check the boxes”?
GLR has been servicing the Upper Peninsula and Northern Lower Michigan for decades! We are both licensed and insured and our employees complete extensive in-class and on the roof training. If you decide you are interested in working with us, we swiftly travel to the site and provide a free written estimate. We work with Duro-Last commercial membrane (who provides incredible manufacturer warranties) and we will continue to stand with Duro-Last for the duration of our time in the roofing business. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us and we are more than happy to share testimonials/reviews. Our doors are always open for clients to come in and ask questions, and we are only one call away from keeping you WARM AND DRY!
We hope you found these insights useful and keep in mind that these can translate into all forms of construction. Call us today for your free estimate: 989.575.0190!